If you made the pilgrimage to the Temple over the long weekend, we hope you tested your Canadian trivia by entering our annual Canada Day quiz contest. This year’s quiz was particularly tricky, crafted by Mildred herself, and even some who fiddled on their iPhones in desperate search of online answers came up empty handed. The winners will be announced shortly.
Correct answers to the quiz below:
1. Where did Wade Hemsworth encounter the pesky blackfly?
a) Abitibi Dam
b) Lac Seul
2. What do Pol Matin, Jean Benoit and Anne Desjardins have in common?
a) They all grew up in Montreal
b) They worked at Expo 67
c) They love Coquille St. Jacques
3. The Order of Good Cheer was established in what early settlement to help pass the winter months?
a) Port Royale, Nova Scotia
b) St. Johns, Newfoundland
c) Quebec City, Quebec
4. Canadian Banks were spared the current economic downturn due to the foresight of
a) Ronald Regan and Margaret Thatcher
b) Jim Flaherty
c) Roger Rabbit
d) Paul Martin
5. Hockey was introduced to the French in Montreal by the Irish
6. What Canadian twins were famously featured in Candice Breitz’s Factum?
a) Dean and Dan Caten
b) Mary and Pauline Misericordia
c) Krista and Tatiana Hogan
7. Joni Mitchell was whose old lady in 1968?
a) Steven Stills
b) Chuck Mitchell
c) Mick Jagger
8. Josh Slocum is a great Canadian _______
9. In what Canadian city is it illegal to eat ice cream on Bank Street on Sundays?
10. Hairy Hill Alberta is named for
a) An itchy bison
b) Benny Hill
c) The Black Hills
11. True or False – The Book Teen Ted from Turnip Town can only be read with a magnifying glass
12. Adam Logan is a
a) Poutine eating champion
b) Canadian champion figure skater
c) World champion scrabble player